Pasta Fagioli (Pasta and Beans)
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: about 2 cups • Points+: 6 pts
This is a perfect recipe (adapted from Skinnytaste.com) for this crazy weather we have been having! It fills you up and warms your toes after a great walk/jog/run or run to the store. I have never had this soup before I made it. I am glad I tried it out! It is easily a new favorite of mine! Another plus is that it is a great meal to freeze and reheat!
Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 15 oz can cannellini beans
15 oz can Hunt's tomato sauce
1 large bay leaf
1 tbsp parsley
1 tsp italian seasoning
2 (14 oz each) cans fat free chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarians)
2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
1-1/2 cups (6 oz) dry Ditalini pasta or other small pasta
grated parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
Directions:
In a deep pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
Add beans to pan then add the can of tomato sauce, celery, carrots, chicken broth, bay leaf, parsley, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add 1 cup water and bring to slow boil. Let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add pasta and cook uncovered until pasta is al dente, according to pasta directions.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with grated cheese (extra pts).
No comments:
Post a Comment