Friday, April 20, 2012

Chicken and Green Bean Bake


 These sad pictures are what my fridge and cupboards looked like when we returned from my mom's house.  I had to get creative with dinner because I had no time to run to the store.  Luckily we keep our downstairs freezer stocked with meat.  

After a few minutes of scanning the fridge, freezer, and pantry, I found a recipe on the back of a Stove Top box that was able to work for Hubby and I (and my WW lifestyle).  




Chicken and Green Bean Bake
7 points+ per serving
*Adapted from
Kraft Stove Top Stuffing box


1-2/3   cups hot water
1 pkg. (6oz.) STOVE TOP Traditional Sage Stuffing Mix
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 -inch pieces
1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen cut green beans, thawed


PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir just until moistened. Set aside.


PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix soup and green beans; spoon evenly over chicken.





 Top with prepared stuffing.


BAKE 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.


A delicious meal prepared in one dish.  




3 comments:

Nanette N. said...

danger will robinson! That looks like a ton of sodium. I hope you get your water in today before weigh in tomorrow. :)

Way to make the most of the empty cupboards though!

Shannon said...

That looks yummy!! :)

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

Julie said...

That does look awesome. I think I'm going to give that a try. I wish I understood the WW points, like how many calories. Oh well, still looks awesome and even kid friendly.
Thanks for sharing. Blessings!